If you have never heard of Medplum Bots, we encourage you to read the intro material in the Bot Guide.
Medplum bots are functions that execute when triggered. They are similar to AWS Lambda functions, and in Medplum we make them easy to write and deploy and trigger with FHIR Subscriptions. For the purpose of the tutorials found in this section, it's important to understand that Bots drive many of the major integrations that you see in Medplum.
The following tutorials will walk through some of the use cases for Bots, to give you a sense of how they can work for you.
Consume event data or webhooks from other platforms
- Consuming Webhooks
- Consuming HL7 Feeds and Converting to FHIR
- Coming Soon: Consuming Lab Results from a lab instrument or LIS
- Receive payment and accounts data
Export data to other systems
- Checking Insurance Eligibility for a specific medical service
- Coming Soon: Order Medication through an Online Pharmacy
- Creating and FHIR Objects on Questionnaire submissions
- Coming Soon: Send email notifications when critical lab values are received
- Data automation driven by FHIR Questionnaires
- Coming Soon: Verifying that all Lab Results are present on a DiagnosticReport before sending it for physician review
- Demo Bots Repository on Github
- Bot Features and Fixes on Github