Terms of Service
Introduction and Eligibility
Please read these Terms of Service ("Terms") carefully before using the Medplum Service.
The Medplum Service
The "Medplum Service" is defined as any computer or mobile application or software under Medplum's control, whether partial or otherwise, in connection with providing the services provided by Medplum. The Medplum Service provides a platform to store health- related information to make it available to you and your employees. Medical data is archived for 7 years from the time it is posted on Medplum. Medplum does not give medical advice.
Medical Advice. Medplum does not give medical advice. The Medplum Service may include certain third-party software and services. Your use of such software or services may require that you enter into separate subscription or licensing agreements with third-party vendors and suppliers. You agree to comply with and, upon request, execute such agreements as may be required for the use of such software or services. You may allow employees to use the Medplum Service on your behalf. You may allow patients to use the Medplum Service. You are responsible for the use and misuse of the Medplum Service by the employees and patients you allow to access the Medplum Service using your account. No Third-Party Access. Except as required by law and described below, you will not permit any third party to have access to the Medplum Service using your account. You may allow your employees to use the Medplum Service on your behalf in compliance with these Terms. You may also allow patients to make payment for your services through the Medplum Service in compliance with these Terms. You are solely responsible for the use of the Medplum Service by your employees and patients. We have no liability for the consequences to you or your employees or patients from your or their use of the Medplum Service. Responsibility for Misuse by Other Users. You acknowledge that by allowing employees and patients to access the Medplum Service with your account, you are responsible for ensuring such employees and patients use the Medplum Service for the purposes for which they are accessing it. While the Medplum Service has certain technical safeguards against misuse, you acknowledge it will rely to a substantial extent on your responsible use. You agree that we will not be responsible for any unlawful access to or use of the Medplum Service by any employee or patient to whom you gave access or log-in credentials. You agree that you are responsible for ensuring that health-related information is properly protected under applicable law. You represent and warrant that you received any necessary consents from individuals before posting their information in the Medplum Service. Individuals' Consent for Data Collection and Use. You represent and warrant that you have obtained the proper consents, authorizations, and releases from individuals to the fullest extent required by applicable law before posting their health-related information to the Medplum Service. Exporting Information from the Medplum Service. You are solely responsible for any health-related information exported from the Medplum Service by you or the employees and patients that you allow access from your account. Training and Compliance. You agree to train all employees on the use of the Medplum Service, HIPAA or health privacy obligations, and the requirements of these Terms and ensure that they comply with such requirements. Compulsory Information Disclosure. You will promptly notify us of any order or demand for compulsory disclosure of health-related information if the disclosure requires access to or use of the Medplum Service. You will cooperate fully with us in connection with any such demand.
Medplum's Health-Related Information Practices
Medplum voluntarily complies with the requirements of the "Privacy Rule" and "Security Rule" as defined by Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA") of 1996 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act ("HITECH Act"). We may use and disclose health-related information to provide our services. We may use de-identified health-related information as permitted by law. Use and Disclosure. We may use and process the health-related information posted to the Medplum Service for the proper management, provision, and administration of the Medplum Service and our business, and as required by law. We may also disclose health-related information if required by law or we obtain reasonable assurances from the recipient that such information will be held confidentially and used or further disclosed only as required by law or for the purpose for which we disclosed it. You agree that Medplum may use and share de- identified health-related information to the fullest extent permitted by law. Data Transfers at Your Request. We do not transfer health-related information to third parties, other than our vendors, suppliers and as required to process patient billing. We may transfer health-related information to third parties, including health plans, health-care clearinghouse, and others. You authorize us to make such transfers upon the request of you and the users who are acting under your account. You acknowledge that when you consent to transferring the information to third parties, we have no control over how those third parties will use and disclose the information. We will use appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to prevent use or disclosure of health-related information other than as provided for by these Terms. Appropriate Safeguards. We will use appropriate safeguards to prevent the use or disclosure of health-related information other than as provided for by these Terms, including administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information. Security Incident. We will report to you any discovered use or disclosure of health- related information not provided for by these Terms, or when we determine that unauthorized access to health-related information has occurred. Our Agents. We will ensure that any of our agents, suppliers, and vendors to whom we provide health-related information for purposes of assisting us in providing the Medplum Service, agrees to the same restrictions and conditions that apply to us with respect to such information, including the obligation to implement reasonable and appropriate safeguards. Access, Amendment, and Accountings. We will facilitate your requirements under the Privacy Rule to give patients access and the ability to amend health-related information you posted to the Medplum Service. We may also facilitate an accounting of disclosures as required by the Privacy Rule. Department of Health and Human Services ("HHS") Audits. We will give HHS access to our internal practices, books, and records related to the use and disclosure of health- related information for the purposes of determining your compliance with the Privacy Rule. The Medplum Service retains the information you post to it for compliance and regulatory purposes and will cooperate with you regarding requests to delete information. We will provide you copies of health-related information in electronic form if you decide to terminate your use of the Medplum Service. Termination of these Terms. At the termination of these Terms we will provide you with a copy of health-related information in an electronic form that is accessible through commercially available hardware and software. If feasible, we will also return or destroy all health-related information you or your employees or patients post to the Medplum Service. If such return or destruction is not feasible, we will continue to abide by these Terms with respect to such information and limit further uses and disclosures to those purposes that make the return or destruction of the information infeasible. You acknowledge that segregating health-related information for removal from the Medplum Service may be infeasible. Security Rule. We will comply with the provisions of the HIPAA Security Rule that are made applicable to business associates. We will notify you of the discovery of any breach of health-related information that we store and we will cooperate reasonably with you to investigate and mitigate any such breach. We will provide you with the necessary information to make any legally required notification to individuals.
Account Creation and Secure Credentials
If you create an account on behalf of a health service provider, you agree you have the authority to do so and that you are binding the health service provider. We may take steps to verify you are a health service provider.
- You are responsible for your log-in credentials and for keeping your account information accurate.
- You are responsible for any activity resulting from the use of your log-in credentials on the Medplum Service.
- You agree that if you create an account and use the Medplum Service on behalf of a health service provider, you have the necessary legal authority and capacity to do so as an authorized agent of the health service provider. Such health service provider will be the primary account holder. You agree that you have the authority to bind the health service provider in legal agreements and contracts. Your agreement to these Terms also binds such health service provider.
- Owner of Account and Health-Related Information. The primary account holder (i.e., health service provider) holds the legal rights to the Medplum Service account and the information posted to the Medplum Service by your business entity.
- Accurate Account Information. You represent and warrant that the information you provide to Medplum upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current, and complete. You also represent and warrant that you will ensure that this information is kept accurate and up-to-date at all times.
- Verification. You agree that we may take steps to verify your identity and credentials as a health service provider at any time. You agree that we may use and disclose information, including "Confidential Information," about you for such purposes, including making inquiry of third parties concerning your identity and professional and practice credentials. You authorize such third parties to disclose to us such information as we may request for such purposes, and you agree to hold them and us harmless from any claim or liability arising from the request for or disclosure of such information. You agree that we may terminate your access to the Medplum Service at any time if we are unable at any time to determine or verify your qualifications or credentials.
- Protecting Your Log-In Credentials. As a registered user, you will have log-in information, including a username and password. Your account is personal to the primary account holder, and you may not share your account and log-in information with, or allow access to your account by, any third party. As you will be responsible for all activity that occurs under your account and access credentials, you should take care to preserve the confidentiality of your username and password, and any device that you use to access the Medplum Service.
- You agree to notify us immediately of any breach in secrecy of your log-in information. If you have any reason to believe that your account information has been compromised or that your account has been accessed by a third party, you agree to immediately notify Medplum by e- mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be solely responsible for the losses incurred by Medplum and others (including patients) due to any unauthorized use of your account that takes place prior to notifying Medplum that your account has been compromised.
Medplum may communicate with you by email or by posting notice on the Medplum Service. You may request that we provide notice of security breaches in writing.
You agree to receive email from us at the email address you provided to us for informational and customer service-related purposes. Electronic Notices. By using the Medplum Service or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Medplum Service. If we learn of a security system's breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Medplum Service or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please write to us at email@example.com.
Medplum's Content Ownership and Use
Medplum owns all of the content we create, but you may use it while you use the Medplum Service. You cannot use our logo without our written permission. The contents of the Medplum Service include: designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, logos, button icons, software, audio files, computer code, and other Medplum content (collectively, "Medplum Content"). All Medplum Content and the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all Medplum Content are the property of Medplum or its licensors and are protected under copyright, trademark, and other laws. License to You. We authorize you, subject to these Terms, to access and use the Medplum Service and the Medplum Content solely for the use of Medplum's services, at our discretion. Any other use is expressly prohibited. This license is revocable at any time without notice and with or without cause. Unauthorized use of the Medplum Content may violate copyright, trademark, and applicable communications regulations and statutes and is strictly prohibited. You must preserve all copyright, trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary notices contained in the original Medplum Content on any copy you make of the Medplum Content. Medplum Marks. Medplum, the Medplum logo, and other Medplum logos and product and service names are or may be trademarks of Medplum (the "Medplum Marks"). Without our prior written permission, and except as solely enabled by any link as provided by us, you agree not to display or use in any manner the Medplum Marks.
"Confidential Information" means all confidential information disclosed by a party ("Disclosing Party") to the other party ("Receiving Party"), whether orally or in writing, that is designated as confidential or that reasonably should be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances of disclosure. Your Confidential Information shall include the data you post to the Medplum Service, not including health-related information; Medplum Confidential Information shall include the Medplum Service, customer feedback, and information relating to the performance, reliability, or stability of the Medplum Service, operation of the Medplum Service, know-how, techniques, processes, ideas, algorithms, and software design and architecture; and Confidential Information of each party shall include business and marketing plans, technology and technical information, product plans and designs, and business processes disclosed by such party. However, Confidential Information shall not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (ii) was known to the Receiving Party prior to its disclosure by the Disclosing Party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (iii) is received from a third party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, or (iv) was independently developed by the Receiving Party. Protection of Confidential Information. The Receiving Party shall (i) use the same degree of care that it uses to protect the confidentiality of its own confidential information of like kind (but in no event less than reasonable care), (ii) not use any Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party for any purpose outside the scope of these Terms, and (iii) except as otherwise authorized by the Disclosing Party in writing, limit access to Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to those of its and its affiliates' employees, contractors and agents who need such access for purposes consistent with this Agreement and who have signed confidentiality agreements with the Receiving Party containing protections no less stringent than those herein. Compelled Disclosure. The Receiving Party may disclose Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party if it is compelled by law to do so, provided the Receiving Party gives the Disclosing Party prior notice of such compelled disclosure (to the extent legally permitted) and reasonable assistance, at the Disclosing Party's cost, if the Disclosing Party wishes to contest the disclosure. If the Receiving Party is compelled by law to disclose the Disclosing Party's Confidential Information as part of a civil proceeding to which the Disclosing Party is a party, and the Disclosing Party is not contesting the disclosure, the Disclosing Party will reimburse the Receiving Party for its reasonable cost of compiling and providing secure access to such Confidential Information.
Intellectual Property Rights and Your License to Use
Let us know if you think a user has violated your copyright using the Medplum Service, or if you think someone incorrectly reported that you violated his or her copyright. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials posted on the Medplum Service infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Medplum a "Notification of Claimed Infringement" requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the works that have been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Medplum Service are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- Identification of the specific material alleged to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Medplum to locate the material on the Medplum Service;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available);
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send Medplum a counter-notice.
- Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Medplum Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Consult your legal advisor and see 17 U.S.C. Section 512 before filing a notice or counter-notice as there are penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Suggestions and Submissions
Do not send us your ideas for a new business or functionality. If you do, we can use them without compensating you. Medplum appreciates hearing from its users and welcomes your comments regarding the Medplum Service. Please be advised, however, that Medplum does not accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, inventions, or materials ("creative ideas") other than those which we have specifically requested. While Medplum values your feedback on our services, please be specific in your comments and do not submit creative ideas. If, despite this request, you send Medplum creative ideas, Medplum shall: own, exclusively, all now known or later discovered rights to the creative ideas; not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality and shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any creative ideas; and be entitled to unrestricted use of the creative ideas for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person.
User Content Disclaimers, Limitations, and Prohibitions
We do not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of content, posted by users ("User Content"). You accept that any reliance on material posted by other users, vendors, or suppliers will be at your own risk.
Prohibited Medplum Service Uses
Do not do bad things with the Medplum Service, try to break it, or steal our work. You agree to use the Medplum Service only for its intended purpose. You must use the Medplum Service in compliance with all privacy, data protection, intellectual property, and other applicable laws. The following uses of the Medplum Service are prohibited. You may not:
- aggregate, copy, or duplicate any Medplum Content;
- remove, disable, damage, circumvent, or otherwise interfere with the security of the Medplum Service;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Medplum Service;
- gain unauthorized access to the Medplum Service or computers linked to the Medplum Service;
- attempt to reverse engineer, or reverse engineer the Medplum Service;
- attempt to submit, or submit a virus to the Medplum Service;
- take any action imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Medplum's infrastructure;
- intercept, examine, or otherwise observe any proprietary communications with the Medplum Service or facilitate, create, or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Medplum Service;
- attempt to or obtain unauthorized access to other users' accounts;
- sell, transfer, or assign any of your rights to use the Medplum Service to a third party without our express written consent;
- use an account that has been sold, transferred, or assigned to you from a Medplum Service user without our express written consent;
- use the Medplum Service in a manner that results in or may result in complaints, disputes, claims, fines, penalties, and other liability to Medplum or others;
- use the Medplum Service for transactions involving illegal activities or what Medplum reasonably believes to be potentially fraudulent activity;
- use the Medplum Service in an illegal way or to commit an illegal act;
- access the Medplum Service from a jurisdiction where it is illegal, unauthorized, or penalized;
- create multiple registrations, whether fraudulently, falsely, unlawfully, legitimate, or lawfully, without Medplum's prior consent; or
- control an account if another account controlled by you has performed these activities or otherwise breached these Terms resulting in account suspension or termination.
Prohibition of Certain User-Provided Information
Please act appropriately when you use the Medplum Service, and do not try to sell our users anything other than Your User Content.
You are solely responsible for Your User Content on the Medplum Service. Medplum does not endorse any, nor are we responsible for, User Content on the Medplum Service. You assume all risks associated with Your User Content, including anyone's reliance on its quality, accuracy, or reliability. You may expose yourself to liability if, for example, Your User Content contains material that is false, intentionally misleading, or defamatory; violates third-party rights; or contains material that is unlawful or advocates the violation of any law or regulation. The following requirements apply to Your User Content. You may not:
- post information on behalf of another person or entity without their consent;
- post incomplete, false, or misleading information in a user profile, impersonate another person, or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- post information that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, or misinformative;
- harass, incite others to harass, advocate harassment, or post any unlawful, harmful, defamatory, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful, or otherwise objectionable material;
- disclose personal information about another person;
- post links, advertisements, or other content from competitors' websites; or
- post any franchise, pyramid scheme, or similar information.
Consequences of Violating These Terms
If you do not act acceptably, we may refuse to provide the Medplum Service to you. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and prevent access to the Medplum Service for any reason, at our discretion. We reserve the right to refuse to provide the Medplum Service to you in the future. You are responsible for any claims, fees, fines, penalties, and other liability incurred by us or others caused by or arising out of your breach of these Terms and your use of the Medplum Service.
We are not liable for anything our users do when using the Medplum Service. We may also change the Medplum Service at any time and are not liable for how this may affect you. We don't guarantee the quality or accuracy of any content you view using the Medplum Service or other websites. Changes to the Medplum Service. We may change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Medplum Service at any time, including hours of operation or availability of the Medplum Service or any feature, without notice or liability. User Disputes. We are not responsible for any disputes or disagreements between you and any third party with whom you interact using the Medplum Service, including payment processors and speech-to-text providers. We are also not responsible for disputes or disagreements between you and any patient with or for whom you or the patient have used the Medplum Service. You assume all risk associated with dealing with third parties. You agree to resolve disputes directly with the other party. You release Medplum of all claims, demands, and damages in disputes among users of the Medplum Service. You also agree not to involve us in such disputes. Use caution and common sense when using the Medplum Service. Content Accuracy. We make no representations about accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any contents of the Medplum Service, including health-related information. Similarly, we make no representations about accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any data from third-party vendors or suppliers, such as data resulting from the speech-to-text functionality, or the quality or nature of third-party products or services obtained through the Medplum Service. Use the Medplum Service at your own risk. We make no promises and disclaim all liability of specific results from the use of the Medplum Service.
Released Parties Defined. "Released Parties" include Medplum and our affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners, and licensors.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You use the Medplum Service at your own risk. We make no warranties or guarantees. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE MEDPLUM SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THE MEDPLUM SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND THE RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY BUSINESSES LISTED ON THE MEDPLUM SERVICE, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; (B) THE RELEASED PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE MEDPLUM SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE MEDPLUM SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE MEDPLUM SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY GOODS OR SERVICE AVAILABLE ON THE MEDPLUM SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, (v) THE MEDPLUM CURRENCY HAS ANY VALUE, AND (vi) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED; AND (C) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE MEDPLUM SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
We are not liable for anything that happens to you that somehow may be connected to your use of the Medplum Service. If you use the Medplum Service in a way that causes us to be included in litigation, you agree to pay all of our legal fees and costs. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR YOUR PATIENTS FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF MEDPLUM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE MEDPLUM SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH, FROM, OR AS A RESULT OF THE MEDPLUM SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY ON THE MEDPLUM SERVICE; (v) YOUR RELIANCE ON CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE BY US; OR (vi) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE MEDPLUM SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, OUR MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE MEDPLUM SERVICE OR YOUR USE OF MEDPLUM CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $100. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claims, actions, or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from (i) your use of or reliance on any third-party content, (ii) your use of or reliance on any Medplum Content or the use of the Medplum Service, (iii) any activity on the Medplum Service under your log-in credentials, or (iv) your breach of these Terms. We shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Medplum concerning your use of the Medplum Service. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect. The section titles and annotations in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Fees and Billing
- Services are billed monthly by order received date.
- Customer shall pay all fees due according to the Service Order.
- Billing and Payment Terms. Unless otherwise indicated in the applicable Service Order, Company shall invoice Customer monthly for fees for all Services, and payment of fees will be due within 30 days after the date of invoice. All payments must be made in U.S. dollars. Late payments hereunder will accrue interest at a rate of 1 ½% per month, or the highest rate allowed by applicable law, whichever is lower.
- Taxes. All payments required by this Agreement exclude all sales, value-added, use, on other taxes and obligations, all of which Customer will be responsible for and will pay in full, except for taxes based on Companys' net income.
- Additional Services. Medplum provides additional services such as integrated faxing, sending SMS notifications, virtual private networks, and more. These services are optional, but if you choose to use them may incur additional charges.
- Arbitration, Class Waiver, and Waiver of Jury Trial: We are located in California, so all disputes must be resolved there. We will use arbitration to resolve any problems, and you cannot join a class action lawsuit or obtain a jury trial for any disputes you have with us related to your use of the Medplum Service. These Terms and the relationship between you and Medplum shall be governed by the laws of the state of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Medplum agree to submit to the personal and exclusive arbitration of any disputes relating to your use of the Medplum Service under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such arbitration, to the extent necessary, shall be conducted in Santa Clara county in the state of California. You covenant not to sue Medplum in any other forum.
You also acknowledge and understand that, with respect to any dispute with the Released Parties arising out of or relating to your use of the Service or this Agreement:
- YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE A TRIAL BY JURY;
- YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO SERVE AS A REPRESENTATIVE, AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, OR IN ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY, OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS, IN ANY LAWSUIT INVOLVING ANY SUCH DISPUTE; AND
- YOU MUST FILE ANY CLAIM WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM AROSE OR IT IS FOREVER BARRED.
Last Updated: 2022-04-05